Stories from Your Wedding Friend - The Wedding Planner's Blog
Are you planning to attend a wedding fair or two this month? Do you know how to get the best out of your visit? Do you know if the suppliers you need will even be there? A little bit of preparation before you go can make all the difference to your wedding fair experience. Here are ten top tips for this wedding fair season.
2) Make sure you're going to the right ones. Some events organised by the same people will have a lot of the same suppliers, so mix it up a bit and go to events organised by different people.
3) Know why you're going. Are you looking for specific suppliers for final details or just getting ideas? If it's ideas, be open-minded and try every stand.
4) If you're going with the purpose of seeing the venue for the first time, know that you'll likely find a lot of the best bits hidden by suppliers stands. If you want to see the venue at its best make an appointment for a full visit and tour.
6) A lot of suppliers and fair organisers will be sharing offers or running competitions, you'll need to give them your contact details so if you don't want to be contacted don't enter any competitions.
7) Have a look at each stand and see what is on offer, even if you think you don't need what they're offering they might have useful contacts, or they might even surprise you.
8) Allow yourself time for browsing and chatting, don't be in a rush to get away or you might miss something. If you plan two fairs in a day do one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
10) Review the bumpf. When you get home, take a look at everything you've been given and make notes about who and what was of interest. If you leave it a few days you might forget something.
If you plan ahead you should only go to the best fairs for what you need and avoid wasting time. Most importantly have fun at whichever fairs you visit. X